COLOGNE CATHEDRAL BOYS CHOIR
The Cologne Cathedral Choir, the only boys’ choir in Cologne, is the oldest of the four choirs of the Cathedral, refounded in 1863 to continue the centuries-old Cathedral choral tradition. The choir sings regularly for services and concerts in the Cathedral, with a repertoire that includes the Renaissance and the Baroque, as well as the contemporary. There have been appearances with well-known ensembles following the principle of historical performance, alone or with the Cathedral girls’ choir with the leading bodies in Cologne. The choir has been successful in a number of national and international competitions and has appeared throughout Europe and in the Americas. Since 1987 Eberhard Metternich has been Master of the Cathedral Music, conducting the Cathedral Choir and the Cologne Cathedral Vocal Ensemble. He has expanded the Cathedral musical establishment into four choirs, orchestra and music school. Since 1993 Eberhard Metternich has taught choral conducting at the Cologne Musikhochschule, which awarded him the title of Honorary Professor in 2001.