GNESIN ACADEMY CHORUS
The Gnesin Academy of Music is a State Institution in Moscow. Founded as a private music school by Elena, Evgeniya and Mariya Gnesin in 1895, in 1920 it was divided into elementary school and secondary school, and later, in 1944, became an Institute for Musical Education. The Academy adopted its present name in 1992, and includes four schools, elementary school, ten-year primary school, secondary school and academy, with post-graduate courses. The Gnesin Academy of Music includes a teaching staff of some four hundred, with over two thousand Russian and foreign students.