JENA PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA
The largest concert orchestra in Thuringia, the Jena Philharmonic was established in 1934 and since then has appeared throughout Germany and in many European countries. There have been successful appearances in concerts with Radio France at the Festival Printemps Musical in Paris, at the opening concert of the 38th International Festival Wratislavia Cantans in Poland and at the Sagra Musicala in Rimini in September 2004, in France in May 2008 and in the Slovenian capital, Ljubljana, in April 2010. Three choirs associated with the Philharmonic ensure that the complete choral-orchestral repertoire is a part of the orchestra’s schedule. Since autumn 2005 the Jena Philharmonic has been a partner in the European Union sponsored network ONE, together with seven orchestras from France, Poland, Slovenia, Slovakia, Finland, Latvia and Germany. Since autumn 2008 the Philharmonic has been a member of the Thuringian Orchestral Academy, a joint project of the Franz Liszt Musikhochschule of Weimar and the Weimar Staatskapelle for the artistic development of graduates in orchestral instruments.
|Cello Concert: Jaffe, Ramon – VERDI, G. / WEBER, C.M. von / STRAUSS, R. / ROSSINI, G. / STRAUSS II, J. / AUBER, D.F.
|HOFFDING, F.: Orchestral Music (Cramer)
|RODE, P.: Violin Concertos Nos. 3, 4 and 6 (Eichhorn, Jena Philharmonic, Pasquet)