LINCOLN CATHEDRAL CHOIR
Lincoln Cathedral Choir has established itself in recent years as one of the foremost provincial cathedral choirs. The forty choristers (twenty boys and twenty girls) are all music scholars at Lincoln Minster School and the alto, tenor and bass parts are taken by the adult members of the choir, who are a mixture of permanent lay vicars and annual choral scholars. In additional to the round of liturgical duties, the choir broadcasts regularly on television and radio, gives concerts with professional orchestras and performs throughout the East of England and from time to time on mainland Europe. Lincoln’s fine organ, completed in 1898, was the last large instrument that ‘Father’ Henry Willis personally supervised and finished. It survives with only minor alterations.