PADEREWSKI PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA
The Paderewski Philharmonic Orchestra (also known as the Philharmonic and Symphony Orchestra of Pomerania) was founded in 1946, but has its origins in the Symphony Orchestra established in 1930 in the town of Bydgoszcz in Poland. Artistic direction has involved, among others, R. Satanowski, Z. Chwedczuk, W. Krzemienski, A. Wit, T. Bugaj, M. Nowakowski, J. Salwarowski, M. Zilm, M. Pijarowski and, since 1991, Eleonora Harendarska, the director general. The exceptional acoustic quality of the concert hall has brought a number of artists to record there. Among conductors who have worked with the orchestra are Leopold Stokowski, Stanislav Skrowaczewski, Witold Rowicki, Jerzy Semkow, Kazimierz Kord and Jan Krenz, as well as composers, including Khachaturian, Britten, Penderecki and Lutosławski. In addition to many concert tours abroad, the orchestra has recorded for Thorofon, CPO, Record-Art, TGB and for Naxos with Thomas Bloch as soloist and Bernard Wisson as pianist, under the direction of Fernand Quattrocchi (Naxos 8.555779: Music for Ondes Martenot).
For further information please visit www.filharmonia.bydgoszcz.pl.