^ Back to Top
^ Back to Discography
Classical Music Home

Welcome to Naxos Records

Email Password  
Not a subscriber yet?  
Keyword Search


The Liszt School of Music Chamber Choir, Weimar is made up predominantly of students from the departments of pedagogy, conducting and voice, complemented by students from the Bauhaus University Weimar. The choir was founded as a madrigal choir in 1926 by Walter Rein, and from 1930 was directed by Ernst Praetorius, principal conductor of the State Orchestra. In 1934 the director of the Liszt School, Felix Oberborbeck, assumed leadership of the choir. During the period after the Second World War Günter Fredrich resumed work with the choir, and from the 1970s these efforts were furthered by Gert Frischmuth, under whom the choir achieved international successes in the 1980s. He was succeeded in October 1997 by his former student Jürgen Puschbeck. The Chamber Choir gives guest performances regularly at festivals, competitions and other venues within Germany and abroad, and has collaborated with well-known conductors in a wide repertoire.

Role: Choir 
Album Title  Catalogue No  Work Category 

 View Albums

Naxos Records, a member of the Naxos Music Group