BUFFALO PHILHARMONIC CHORUS
The Buffalo Philharmonic Chorus (BPC) is dedicated to the performance of high quality, diverse musical programs and developing singers in the choral arts. With over 140 singers, the BPC is frequently heard as the principal guest chorus of the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra (BPO).
Formed in 1937 as the Buffalo Schola Cantorum, it became the BPC in 1992 to reflect its close association with the BPO. Founder Jessamine E. Long was succeeded by noteworthy musicians, including Cameron Baird and Thomas Swan.
The BPC makes various guest appearances throughout the region and produces self-sponsored concerts such as its annual performance of Handel’s Messiah.
Photo: Nancy J. Parisi