Welcome to the first extensive iPad app for choral singers!
Singing in choirs has never been more popular. From all-inclusive non-audition groups to top-notch ensembles, the world of choral singing is thriving.
Naxos, with its wealth of acclaimed classical recordings and its proven expertise in creating first-class music apps, has produced LoveChoir. With a wide range of contents from a team of contributors, it is an engaging, lively and comprehensive app to support all choral singers outside rehearsals.
- Full recordings and scores of four major choral works: Handel’s Messiah, Fauré’s Requiem, Tallis’s Spem in alium, Vivaldi’s Gloria.
- A list of 25 selected works with information and audio samples, and the opportunity to download them in full, with accompanying notes and sung texts.
- A section on warming up the voice, including newly written exercises with recorded accompaniment.
- Advice on vocal technique, addressing typical problems faced by singers such as breaks in the voice, breath control, and even the anxiety of auditions.
- A pronunciation guide with audio examples covering German, Italian, French, Latin and Russian.
- Guidance on reading music, understanding notation and marking a score.
- An outline with diagrams of what happens in the body when you sing.
- A 20,000-word e-book on the history of western choral music with over 40 music tracks (2+ hours of music).
- A survey of choral activity around the world.
- An outline of the different kinds of choirs that exist.
- Pitch bar: tap to hear a note before you sing.
- Metronome, glossary of terms, links and further reading.
“I can say with absolute conviction that this app is invaluable for any singer who ever gets together with others to make music.”
– David Temple, conductor